This page contains updates concerning SCERS’ Final Compensation Review Policy affected by the July 30, 2020 California Supreme Court decision in the case of Alameda County Deputy Sheriffs’ Association et al. v. Alameda County Employees’ Retirement Association and Board of Retirement of ACERA (“Alameda”). That decision has had important implications for SCERS and its members, possibly impacting the calculation of retirement allowances.
How to use the SCERS Retirement Benefit Calculator
If you are currently a member of SCERS and you wish to review
your SCERS account, click here:
SCERS Calculator with Data
If you are not a member of SCERS, click here:
SCERS Calculator without Data
SCERS Member Handbooks
SCERS provides two Member Handbooks based on dates of hire:
SCERS Holiday and Payment Calendar
Here are the Sacramento County holidays/office closures and the retirement pay dates for 2021. SCERS benefits are paid on the last working day of every month.
New to SCERS
Welcome to SCERS!
We’re glad to have you as one of our valued members! For a brief introduction to SCERS, watch the Orientation video.
SCERS is pleased to offer a series of animated videos designed to help our members better understand their journey toward retirement. For additional videos, please visit our YouTube channel located here.
Throughout your time as an active member of SCERS, use the list below to assist you in determining what steps to take should any of the following life events occur.
Pension Planning Webinars
SCERS Pension Planning Webinars provide information, answers to frequently asked questions, and tailored resources for members within ten years of retirement.
- Social Security Retirement and Medicare Basics
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- "Time Off to Attend Retirement Planning Program"
- SCERS Retirement FAQs
- Employee Benefits Office Pre-Retirement Training Presentation
- Retiree Deferred Compensation, Benefit and Medicare webinars
- SCERS Presentation from the 11/2/2022 Pension Planning Webinar
- Read more
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year - Members
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year - Employers
- 2019-20 Fiscal Year - Members
- 2019-20 Fiscal Year - Employers
- 2020-21 Fiscal Year - Members
- 2020-21 Fiscal Year - Employers
- 2020-21 Fiscal Year - County and Elected Officials
- 2020-21 Fiscal Year - Superior Court and Special Districts
- 2019-20 Fiscal Year - County and Elected Officials
- 2019-20 Fiscal Year - Superior Court and Special Districts
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year - County and Elected Officials
- 2018-19 Fiscal Year - Superior Court and Special Districts
- 2021-22 Fiscal Year - Members
- 2021-22 Fiscal Year - Employers
- 2021-22 Fiscal Year - County and Elected Officials
- 2021-22 Fiscal year - Superior Court and Special Districts
- 2022-23 Fiscal Year - Employers
- 2022-23 Fiscal Year - Members
- 2022-23 Fiscal Year - County and Elected Officials
- 2022-23 Fiscal year - Superior Court and Special Districts
- 2023-24 Fiscal Year - Members
- 2023-24 Fiscal Year - Employers
- 2023-24 Fiscal Year - County and Elected Officials
- 2023-24 Fiscal year - Superior Court and Special Districts
- Read more
Retiree COLA Tracker
The retiree cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) is based on the average annual change in the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index (CPI) for All Urban Consumers for the San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward area. According to the County Employees Retirement Law of 1937, the SCERS Board must determine the appropriate COLA for SCERS retirement benefits and implement that COLA on April 1st each year.
Member Interest Crediting Rates
SCERS credits interest semi-annually, on June 30 and December 31, to member account balances that have been on deposit for the entire six months immediately prior to the interest crediting date.